Let you know why we all called it oriental beauty tea
Oriental Beauty Tea (Chinese: 東方美人; literally: “Eastern Beauty”) or Baihao (白毫), marketed as Dongfang Meiren , or White Tip Oolong or Champagne Oolong, is a heavily oxidized, non-roasted, tip-type oolong tea originating in Hsinchu County, Taiwan.
5 colors of tea leaves>>>
This is a Oriental beauty tea made up of the bud and two leaves on the shoot. These twisted shoots are mostly dark green with silver down covering the buds. Some say that these leaves actually have 5 colors: green, white, red, yellow and brown.
Do you know the origin of tea >>>
Oriental beauty tea picking
This tea was first produced in the late 19th century in the Beipu County in Taiwan and it was done purely by accident.
The most popular story surrounding the origins of this tea is that a tea farmer found his plantation had been damaged by small green insects, known as cicadas, similar to tiny crickets. The little pests had chewed on the leaves.
Instead for destroying the plantation to begin anew as was customary, the tea farmer harvested the tea leaves and processed them anyway. The resulting tea was so surprisingly good that it sold for twice the regular price.
At this time Taiwan was beginning to export its teas and Bai Hao Oolong found great acceptance abroad. It is even said that it was the queen of England who, upon tasting this tea, named it Oriental Beauty.
So what good is it for the human body >>>
This Taiwanese oolong tea contains several components such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and caffeine that give it quite a range of health benefits. It is rich in vitamin C, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, iodine, zinc, etc.
Here are the top health benefits of tea you will find in Oriental Beauty tea.
• Antioxidants, minerals and vitamins in each cup of tea you drink may help to improve your immune system. By boosting your defenses, you may be less prone to getting ill.
• A good cup of tea a day may help reduce the risk of infections and inflammations. If you do have the unfortunate luck of getting sick, then a healthy immune system may also speed up your recovery time.
• When you drink a cup of unsweetened tea you are also fighting bacteria in the mouth and reducing plaque buildup and tooth decay.
Promote intestinal digestion to reduce fat
• A cup of Oriental Beauty tea after your meal may help improve your digestion. This tea contains polyphenols and caffeine that help to boost your metabolism.
• A properly functioning metabolism helps you digest foods faster, reducing the risk of indigestion and stomach cramps. This oolong tea will also improve your body to get rid of unwanted wastes.
• The polyphenol content in this tea boosts up the activity of enzymes that may help to burn fat faster. The caffeine content will also help you feel energized to start on a path of healthy exercise.
Protect the heart
• Oriental Beauty tea is rich in components that may also help your heart stay strong and healthy. Antioxidants and polyphenols help to reduce blood pressure and may also help reduce levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol.
• Components in each cup of tea help to strengthen your blood vessels improve blood flow and thus may reduce the risk of blood clot formation that lead to heart attacks and strokes.
Free radical inhibition
• The high levels of antioxidants found in tea or cocoa and some vegetables may be highly beneficial for you. Antioxidants are being studied for their ability to fight off free radicals that enter your organism through environmental pollution and stress.
• Free radicals may cause damage to your DNA that leads to tumor growth and spreading. So even if there is still plenty of study to be done on this matter, a daily cup of tea may be a way to prevent certain types of cancer.
• These free radicals may also cause premature aging that reflects on your skin. This is why it is said that drinking tea on a daily basis may help freshen up your skin, making you look younger.
• Although this tea may be used as a stimulant for the mind and body due to its caffeine content, unlike coffee, tea contains the amino acid L-theanine.
• This amino acid helps to calm the nerves and relax the mind. This is why tea may help improve memory and mental function while keeping you calm and focused.